Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year

Blogging has been on hold for a couple of months but here is some more exhibition information to welcome you to 2013.

I went to the promising-sounding 'Seduced by Art, Photography Past and Present' at the National Gallery in London just before Christmas.  I found it a bit disappointing with many derivative photographs responding to paintings in stereotypical ways, so I wouldn't particularly recommend it.   I was far more excited by a surprise trip to the opera at Covent Garden courtesy of my daughter who had bought the tickets last August.  A real treat. This exhibition finishes on 20th January.

However, there are some good exhibitions coming up - see next posts.

Last night I went to see the new Ang Lee film - Life of Pi.  GO AND SEE IT!  I loved the book, but the film resolved some of the book's problems in the differentiation between fantasy and reality.  The film helped you to see that this didn't matter.  The CGI is the best I have ever seen - it challenges us to suspend our disbelief throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment